Langebaan Lagoon Celebration
Langebaan is going to be buzzing on the last weekend in March! We live in one of the most incredible places on the planet, and it is time to celebrate all that we have.
Langebaan is a true tourism town, and for good reason. The idyllic setting on the shore of the Langebaan Lagoon, alongside the West Coast National Park, the conditions which encourage a wide variety of watersports, and our rich cultural heritage all make this the ideal place to visit.
In order to showcase all that you can see and do in Langebaan, the Saldanha Bay Tourism Organisation (SBTO), along with the Langebaan Tourism Association, has decided to host an event, the Langebaan Lagoon Celebration (Langebaan Lagoon Feesviering) on the weekend of 31 March and 1 April of this year.
The focus of the event is the promotion of a series of individually managed activities, all over the same weekend, and all in celebration of the Lagoon and surrounds.
Activities which are planned include:
- The Lagoon Life Round the Island Swim,
- The Laguna Mall Fun Run,
- A Mountain Bike Challenge,
- Kitesurfing, Windsurfing, Kayaking, Stand up paddling (SUP) and Hobie activities
- Wakeboarding Demonstration,
- Scuba dives,
- A Classic Car Club showcase,
- Beach Sports including touch rugby and volleyball,
- Zumba, Pilates and Yoga on the beach,
- A “We’ve Got Talent” Competition,
- Mr and Miss Langebaan,
- An Art Exhibition at Marra Square,
- A Kids Club including activities for children such as sand castle building,
- Product and food stalls along Bree Street,
- A Harder braai,
- The Lagoon Celebration Golf Day on the 18 hole course at Langebaan Country Estate,
- The Lagoon Celebration Golf Fun Day on the Langebaan Country estate 9 hole Mashie course,
- Lagoon trips,
- Fishing trips,
- Park tours,
- And many more.
This will be a fun filled weekend for all, and with the wide variety of activities showcasing all there is to see and do in Langebaan and the surrounding area, there will be something for everybody.
As this event is all about celebrating Langebaan and the lagoon, there is no entry fee, and the public will be encouraged to visit the different locations across town to participate in the wide variety of activities on offer. The main activity area will be Bree Street and the Langebaan Main Beach, but the whole town will be buzzing throughout the weekend.
The Langebaan Lagoon Celebration is truly a community festival, with all sectors of the Langebaan Community becoming involved in this showcase. The core principles behind the event are to showcase all that Langebaan has to offer, and to do this in a manner which ensures maximum involvement of the whole community.
Any enquiries should be directed to Coleen Paul at the Langebaan Tourism Office, 022 772 1515 or .