Langebaan Lagoon Celebration 2013
The Langebaan Lagoon Celebration
Langebaan is going to be buzzing on the 20th and 21st of April! We live in one of the most incredible places on the planet, and it is time to celebrate all that we have.
Langebaan is a true tourism town, and for good reason. The idyllic setting on the shore of the Langebaan Lagoon, alongside the West Coast National Park, the conditions which encourage a wide variety of water sports, and our rich cultural heritage all make this the ideal place to visit.
In order to showcase all that you can see and do in Langebaan, the Saldanha Bay Tourism Organisation (SBTO), along with the Langebaan Tourism Association, has decided to host an event, the Langebaan Lagoon Celebration (Langebaan Lagoon Feesviering) on the weekend of 20 and 21 April of this year.
The focus of the event is the promotion of a series of individually managed activities, all over the same weekend, and all in celebration of the Lagoon and surrounds.
Activities which are planned include:
- The Langebaan Country Estate West Coast Marathon,
- West Coast Summer Series Rubber Duck Championship at Hobie Beach, Club Mykonos,
- The Langebaan Country Estate Trail Run,
- The Lagoon Celebration Mountain Bike Challenge,
- Kitesurfing, Windsurfing, Kayaking, and Stand Up Paddling (SUP) activities,
- A Hobie Regatta,
- Wakeboarding Demonstration,
- The Lagoon Celebration Golf Day on the 18 hole course at Langebaan Country Estate,
- The Lagoon Celebration Golf Fun Day on the Langebaan Country Estate 9 hole Mashie course,
- Silver Falcons Demonstration,
- Special Forces Demonstration,
- Model Aircraft Display,
- Scuba dives,
- A Classic Car Club showcase,
- Beach Sports including touch rugby and volleyball,
- Pilates on the beach,
- Mr and Miss Langebaan,
- An Art Exhibition at Marra Square,
- A Kids Club including activities for children such as sand castle building,
- Product and food stalls along Bree Street,
- A Harder braai,
- Lagoon trips,
- Fishing trips,
- Park tours,
- And many more.
This will be a fun filled weekend for all, and with the wide variety of activities showcasing all there is to see and do in Langebaan and the surrounding area, there will be something for everybody.
As this event is all about celebrating Langebaan and the lagoon, there is no entry fee, and the public will be encouraged to visit the different locations across town to participate in the wide variety of activities on offer. The main activity area will be Bree Street and the Langebaan Main Beach, but the whole town will be buzzing throughout the weekend.
The Langebaan Lagoon Celebration is truly a community festival, with all sectors of the Langebaan Community becoming involved in this showcase. The core principles behind the event are to showcase all that Langebaan has to offer, and to do this in a manner which ensures maximum involvement of the whole community. Local entrepreneurs and
businesses are being given preference over others in selecting stall holders and activity organisers, and a core theme is local art, craft, cuisine and culture.
Since announcing the intention to hold this event, the organisers have been overwhelmed by the positive response received from the public. The preparations are now at an advanced stage, and as such final requests for participation must reach the organisers before 15 March 2013.
Any enquiries should be directed to Coleen Paul at the Langebaan Tourism Office, 022 772 1515 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Booking Enquiries, please sumbit this form: